Are you tired of feeling bloated and sluggish after a summer of indulgence? Starting your day with a healthy drink can be the key to burning fat and activating your metabolism. Here are five drinks that are known to help with weight loss when consumed in the morning.
- Green Tea Scientific studies have shown that green tea can increase metabolism. Lisa Young, a certified nutritionist in the United States, says, “Essentially, concentrated catechin, a component of green tea extract, appears to reduce body weight and decrease body fat.” Green tea contains catechin, a type of polyphenol that has been proven to be effective in burning fat.
- Iced Matcha Latte Matcha is also rich in antioxidants. When consumed with milk, it can keep you feeling full for a longer time, reducing the likelihood of overeating. In addition, both matcha and green tea have been shown to improve fat burning during exercise.
- Warm Lemon Water Warm lemon water is the simplest detox drink. According to Dr. Young, “Lemons have many healthy components such as antioxidants and pectin fiber.” Pectin fiber, which is commonly found in fruits and vegetables, is easily soluble in water and can help remove toxins from the body. Warm lemon water also provides hydration and contains zero calories.
- Golden Milk with Turmeric Sweet drinks can lead to weight gain, but a mixture of turmeric powder and milk can solve the calorie problem. The recipe for “Golden Milk” that has become popular on the internet and social media involves grinding turmeric, cinnamon, and ginger into powder and mixing it with milk. All of these ingredients are potent spices with anti-inflammatory properties. Cinnamon, in particular, helps regulate blood sugar levels and suppresses sugar cravings.
- Black Coffee Black coffee contains almost no calories. Although there are different opinions on the health benefits of coffee, caffeine has been shown to reduce calorie intake and increase metabolism.
Starting your day with one of these drinks can set you on the path to a healthier, happier you. Remember, losing weight is not just about what you eat, but what you drink as well.