In a heartbreaking incident, a 16-year-old girl from Avellino Montefalcione, Italy, lost her life last month after accidentally dropping her charging phone into the bathtub while taking a call with a friend. According to a report by the Daily Mail on May 3, Maria Antonietta Cutillo was found unresponsive by emergency services after her friend called them out of concern when the call was cut off.
Sadly, when rescuers arrived, Maria had already passed away. Local media reported that her parents were not at home at the time of the incident. This tragedy highlights the dangers of using electronic devices in wet environments, and experts have issued warnings against using electrical appliances near water.
Incidents like these are unfortunately not uncommon. In 2020, a 15-year-old girl from Marseille, France, also passed away from electrocution after dropping her phone in the bathtub while it was charging.
Experts have reiterated the importance of being cautious when using electronic devices in the bathroom, stating that “users need to be aware of the risks involved in using electronic devices in the bathroom. Electrical cords should never be in contact with water or damp environments.” This heartbreaking incident serves as a powerful reminder of the importance of safety when using electronic devices in wet environments.