Prince Charles of Great Britain is positive for the novel coronavirus.
This 71-year-old Prince is the latest celebrity that has been tested positive.
Fortunately, he only has mild symptoms.
The Clarence House made an official statement about it:
“The Prince of Wales has tested positive for coronavirus. He has been displaying mild symptoms but otherwise remains in good health and has been working from home throughout the last few days as usual. The Duchess of Cornwall has also been tested but does not have the virus.
In accordance with Government and medical advice, the Prince and the Duchess are now self-isolating at home in Scotland. The tests were carried out by the NHS in Aberdeenshire, where they met the criteria required for testing.
It is not possible to ascertain from whom the Prince Charles caught the coronavirus owing to the high number of engagements he carried out in his public role during recent weeks.”
Prince Charles was still doing his royal duties mid-March but didn’t shake hands with the people.
The social distancing rules weren’t followed strictly, though.
The last appearance hi did was on March 12 during a dinner in London for the relief effort of the Australian Bushfire disaster.
Penny Junor, the biographer of Charles, told the Daily Beast, “He’s only recently gone up to Aberdeen, and until he was forcibly stopped, he continued to be out and about, meeting people and doing things. It just shows nobody is immune; other world leaders have got it, so why not the heir to the throne?”
She added, “He is a strong, fit man. He is very diet conscious, and he exercises, he is slim, he doesn’t have asthma, and has never smoked. He doesn’t have any health issues apart from a bad back from several polo falls.”
The British Queen has already left London since last Thursday and has moved to the Windsor Castle, one week earlier than what has been planned because of the coronavirus outbreak. Prince Philip joined the Queen and will also likely do that during the Easter Holidays.
According to the Queen last week, “We are all being advised to change our normal routines and regular patterns of life for the greater good of the communities we live in and, in particular, to protect the most vulnerable within them. “
Buckingham Palace made a statement that the Queen is in good health. She is 93 years old. She has last seen Prince Charles on the 12th and would not be commenting anymore about the said issue.
The official statement, “Her Majesty The Queen, remains in good health. The Queen last saw The Prince of Wales briefly on the morning of March 12 and is following all the appropriate advice concerning her welfare.”
Earlier this week, the prime minister has already announced a full lockdown in the UK to attempt the spreading of the Covid 19 pandemic. As of March 24, there are more than 8000 infected people already from the virus, and almost 500 have died from the disease.
Read More: The 2020 Olympics Have Been Cancelled