Connect with us

Published

on

When politics, antics, and music doesn’t mesh well, one will have to go down, and that is Kid Rock.

For some of you who are avid loyal to one of the restaurants in Little Caesars Arena, take note that one of them will be gone by then.

Made in Detroit Restaurant that offers rock and Southern-themed food with some of Kid Rock’s memorabilia will not be there long.

Ilitch Holdings have just announced that Kid Rock decided not to renew his agreement for Kid Rock’s Made in Detroit.

This service restaurant had been opened since the arena also made its grand opening.

The president for sports and entertainment, Chris Granger, for the said company announces that there will be a replacement with a concept that “aligns with our community and company values”.

Consequently, some activists gathered and asked for that space to be transformed into a minority-owned specifically black-owned, but that would not be ideal because of some agreements with the LCA.

Rev. Charles Williams II, a local NAN president, was calling on the Ilitch’s and that they should “send a clear-cut message, and this is: Thank you and see you later, Kid Rock” and adding “good riddance”.

The announcement of the said discontinuance came after a video emerged of Kid Rock onstage in one of his restaurants, Nashville, drunk and made a graphic rant against Oprah Winfrey.

The statement of Granger didn’t mention, “We have been in contact with Kid Rock in this incident, but he has voluntarily decided not to renew his licensing agreement for the Kid Rock’s Made in Detroit restaurant, which comes up for renewal in April. We are in the business of amazing and inspiring our fans and guests through an incredible array of world-class sporting and live entertainment events. As our venues are open, inviting, inclusive, and respectful to all, we look forward to bringing on an exciting new concept that aligns with our community and company values.”

Kid Rock, on the other hand, announced his confirmation on Wednesday morning regarding the non-renewal of the agreement with LCS. He shared on his Facebook, “I guess the millions of dollars I pumped into that town was not enough,” he wrote.

“I will let the NAN network and others go ahead and take the wheel now. Good luck. I may be guilty of being a loud-mouth jerk at the time, but trying to label me racist is a joke, and only does a disservice to the black community, which I have supported my entire life, by trying to alienate myself and many others. “

He also furthermore mentioned his donations 250k donated to Eastern Market for the Kid Rock Community Kitchen, 250K gave to the Barbara Bush Reading Innovative in Detroit, 1M raised to help save the DSO and many, many more 10’2 if not 100’s of thousands of dollars raised and donated in Detroit by Kid Rock.

His latest post was, “All this BS going on has just got my blood pumpin’ and is only more songwriting fuel a new record and tour in 2021”.

Read More: Watch the New Black Widow Trailer

Samuel brings 6 years of experience in helping grassroots and mid-sized organizations to strengthen their management and resource generating capacities and effectively plan for the future. He is also a tech geek and loves writing on tech and sharing his opinions with the world. You can contact him at Samwayne92@gmail.com

Advertisement

Trending

© Copyright 2017-2020 PRESSREELS Media Networks, LLC




HAVE A NEWS TIP? LET US KNOW

MAGAZINE

About PRESSREELS

 

Discovery Celeb, Interviews, Reviews, PRESSREELS is a Worldwide online CELEB & Music news magazine | POP, Fashion, News, Interview, Review

 

© a subsidiary of REELS Corporation Inc. PRESSREELS is a registered trademark of REELS Corporation Inc.

PRESS

Press Release

america@pressreels.com

If you want to know more about the Music Industry? Subscribing to PRESSREELS would be an excellent choice!
Dismiss
Allow Notifications